How Many Types Of Digital Marketing Are There?
The digital marketing landscape is constantly changing and growing. There are many types of digital marketing that you can use to promote your business, but it’s hard to keep track of them all. In this blog post, we will explore the different types of digital marketing tactics that exist today!
Different Types of Digital Marketing
1. Paid Media: Paid media is a type of digital marketing where you pay for the advertisement. There are many different types of paid advertising- from search engine ads to banner ads, and even sponsored content on social networks like Facebook or Twitter. With such a wide variety of options available to advertisers, it’s important that they have an understanding of what kind of budget they’re working with so they can make informed decisions about which campaigns will be most effective in reaching their target demographic.
2. Owned Content: Owned content is any original content created by your business that exists online – like blog posts, videos, images etc. To ensure success with this tactic, marketers should strive to create quality owned content (meaning don’t just post anything!) because the success of this tactic is dependent on the content.
3. Owned Media: Owned media focuses on creating your own marketing channels rather than relying solely on social networks like Facebook and Twitter to handle everything for you – a real-world example would be using Yelp reviews as an owned channel. The benefit with this tactic is that it gives marketers more control over their digital presence because they’re in charge of updating the information, messaging etc.
4. Earned Content: Earned content refers to any original content created by someone other than your business (such as customers) but endorsed or shared by them online through different means such as blogs, tweets etc. This type of promotion often has better reach and engagement rates due to the authenticity factor; however there are some challenges with this tactic such as monitoring the messaging on various different social networks to make sure it aligns with your business’ marketing goals.
5. Search Engine Optimization: Search engine optimization (SEO) is a type of digital marketing where you increase visibility in search engines – like Google, Yahoo or Bing- by making small changes to website code and content so that they rank higher when people are searching for particular keywords in those search engines.
6. Social Media Marketing: Social media can be used as an effective tool for reaching consumers; companies just have to know how best to use it! One way is through paid advertising, which allows you to target specific demographics because advertisers will typically pay more if they’re trying to reach a large number of users who have a specific interest or purchase history.
7. Email Marketing: Email marketing is typically seen as one of the most effective types of digital marketing because it’s so easy to set up! Marketers can create their own emails and send them out whenever they want, which means that this type of campaign doesn’t have to be time-sensitive like other campaigns might need to be.
8. Public Relations: Public relations (PR) is another great way for businesses to use digital marketing – PR tactics often focus on generating earned media in order to increase trust with consumers by providing valuable content via partnerships with journalists and bloggers who then share these messages through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. The benefit here is an increased likelihood that people will notice your brand if you gain coverage from a reputable journalist.
9. Influencer Marketing: Influencer marketing is the process of leveraging influential people to promote your brand or product in order to increase awareness and sales. This tactic can be done through social media, paid advertising on different channels, blogger outreach etc., but it often comes at an increased cost for businesses trying to reach this demographic because these influencers typically charge high prices for their endorsement services.